Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Last night I was sitting around with my sister's two eldest children, the girl 14 and the boy almost 13. We were watching a music program full of the latest hits and their video clips while eating things that were very yummy and very bad for my hips. This clip came on that featured a group of matchstick sized women, you know the type, their tummies are concave and they have perky little tits because there is nothing for gravity to pull on. There was a room full of that type of women doing suggestive aerobics on the floor. I looked at my nephew who is well known for being rather unthoughtful for saying what comes to his mind without thinking of the consequences. He could hardly tear his eyes away from the screen. He was mesmerised. I looked at my niece who had been watching him too and we rolled our eyes. I pointed out that I had a body just like those girls. In fact, I had at least two bodies like that in me.

My nephew looked me up and down, appraising me in way that only perfect teenagers can.

'Well,' he said, 'that just means you do it twice as good.'

He got extra ice cream for dessert.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 6:55 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?