Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Sunday, February 06, 2005

Today, unfortunately Mac had to help me prepare and send this letter to another blogger. I am going to put it here for all of my readers to see.

Dear 'Pure'

It has come to my notice that you have used my 'Submissive Reflections' website (at http://submissivereflections.blogspot.com ) and passed off my writings as your own, in your '-Pure-Evil-' website, (at http://dummiesguidetolove.blogspot.com ) just changing names to fit.
Whilst I am aware that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I am afraid I cannot allow this breach of intellectual copyright to go unchallenged. I have taken advice and according would ask you to undertake the following actions without delay

1) You will cease immediately the plagiarising of my words, wherever they may appear
2) You will immediately give due accreditation to all previous articles taken from my writings and passed off as your own work
3) You will advise me of any other plagiarisation of my work other than the website mentioned above and its 'cache'
4) You will advise me of any pecuniary or other tangible benefits you have derived from work of mine passed off as yours
5) You will undertake never to use my work again unless
a) with my prior permission and
b) with due accreditation

I must inform you that my partner (known as 'Mac') who is often freely quoted by me in my writings is taking independent advice as to whether you have breached any intellectual copyright of his by claiming his spoken words as emanating from your associate named 'evil'.

You should also be aware that I have a publishing agreement which entails a copyright on all my 'Submissive Reflections' writings, whether or not actually published to this date. My publisher may well be contacting you after they have tested their position.

I look forward to your early response

Yours sincerely,
Sarah Broden.


As you can probably see, she has pissed Mac off. Not wise. Not wise at all. His words coming from the mouth of '-evil-'? To quote Mac "Not fucking likely."

This was brought to my attention in an email I received from a third party that had followed links to the -pure-evil- site and after reading a number of entries that were similar to mine she left a comment stating that she thought I should be told about the similarities. By the time I had received the email, the blogspot blog had been removed. I did find a cache of it here and from that the blogger profile here and on those entries alone I can see three breaches of my copyright going back to October last year. If you check the profile, the entry made on the 27th of October 2004 begins:

Too Easy
27 October 2004
"-evil-: Stop whining. -pure-: No. -evil-: All I said was I have a busy day ahead of me. -pure-: What You meant was '-pure-, don't bother me at work today.' -evil-: I didn't mean that, it's just that work has been... -pure-: ARGH! -evil-: WHAT? -pure-: I know work is busy! -evil-: Well you..."


My entry on the 26th of October starts:
Tuesday, October 26, 2004

"Mac: Stop whining.
Sarah: No.
Mac: All I said was I have a busy day ahead of me.
Sarah: What You meant was 'Sarah don't bother me at work today.'
Mac: I didn't mean that, it's just that work has been...
Sarah: ARGH!
Mac: WHAT?
Sarah: I know work is busy!
Mac: Well you"


-pure-'s entry for the 28th of October 2004 begins:
Busy -evil- (Not for the prudish)
28 October 2004
"I wanted to play. -evil- had work to do. I pouted. He ignored me. I was not in the mood to be ignored. I went to the bedroom and He went to His study. I got dressed while He got stuck into work. I appeared in His doorway a good 30 minutes later. I had taken my time with my preparations. I..."


And my entry for 27th of October 2004:

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

"I wanted to play. Mac had work to do. I pouted. He ignored me. I was not in the mood to be ignored. I went to the bedroom and He went to His study. I got dressed while He got stuck into work.

I appeared in His doorway a good 30 minutes later. I had taken my time with my preparations. I..."


On the 20th of January 2005 on the cached page, I found an entry by -pure- that begins:

Thursday, January 20
"Sometimes when I am kneeling on the floor looking up at -evil-, His semen still hot on my face, my cheeks still stinging from His hand and He is standing over me, His cock still pulsing as it rests against my lips, I wish that for just a moment, I could change places with Him and He could know what it is I feel."


My entry on the January 17th 2005 begins:

Monday, January 17, 2005
"Sometimes when I am kneeling on the floor looking up at Mac, His semen still hot on my face, my cheeks still stinging from His hand and He is standing over me, His cock still pulsing as it rests against my lips, I wish that for just a moment, I could change bodies with Him and He could know what it is I feel."


I think the saddest part of this for me was when Mac pointed out to me that -pure- had even copied the mistake I had made. Mac had said that I do not live in a 'debating society' and I had written that Mac told me I do not live in a 'debate society'. I chided Him for not correcting my mistake sooner and He said that He hadn't pointed it out to me before because it was a Sarah mistake, one of the little things that make Submissive Reflections a reflection of me. That just made this violation worse.

So why am I telling everyone about this? Because we cannot read every word written on the World Wide Web. We cannot be everywhere, but we can be aware that there are people out there that do this, that steal our writings and claim them as our own. I am not the first person it has happened to and I am sure I will not be the last. It could happen to any of the bloggers out there. It is theft. It is wrong, both morally and legally and the only way we can discourage it is to know it is out there and not tolerate it when we do become aware of it. This person obviously reads Submissive Reflections and I would like her to see that this will not go quietly. These are my memories, these are my expressions of them, when you copy them and claim my conversations as your own it does not enhance your relationship. It just makes you a liar as well as a thief.

UPDATE: -evil- has been in contact with me to both apologise and let me know that he was unaware of the theft, he thought the words were written as fantasies by his partner, -pure-. They now have things they need to work through themselves and while I will leave this post here to serve as a reminder that this is not an acceptable thing to do, I will ask that people do not send them any more emails.

The point was well made and I thank you all for your support.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 10:51 pm




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?