Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Thursday, April 07, 2005

I knew people would want to see a part two and maybe there is one, but maybe there isn't. I kind of feel like the whole "Pretty Woman" thing has been done to death. I guess I could jump ahead a few years and throw them back together, she a little less innocent and a lot more jaded, he still looking for a woman that he can connect with while not wanting to bother with the whole relationship thing. They could save each other, but hell, life is not a fairy tale, is it?

I am feeling a little jaded myself today, can you tell? I am just a little unwell. A cough, just a cough, only it isn't just a cough, the last time the cough was the symptom of something worse, and that scares me a little bit. I need to be well longer before fighting illness again. I am not ready for this. The doctor is most concerned. He spoke to me quite sternly like I planned this or something. If I didn't adore him I would have told him where to shove his thermometer. I have to take it easy for a while, again. I swear if I take it much easier I will be dead.

Sorry that was my little whine tangent for the day. Back to the story at hand. The thing is, I keep thinking how this story could go and I can't see a satisfactory end. They get back together, somehow get over the fact she is a whore and he is emotionally impaired, and they live happily ever after. See? Pretty woman redone with kink! That is all that is.

Or maybe I could do it so that he keeps seeing her and pushing her away, each time taking a little more of her soul until she just fades away to nothingness. I have a feeling he could easily devour her. Only I really hate stories that end in death. People are supposed to live happily ever after. I still can't believe I had to sit through the whole of Titanic so that he could die at the end. (Still think they could have killed him an hour earlier and saved us an hour of our lives.) I would hate to write it knowing there was no way to save either of them.

Then of course she could 'find' herself in this relationship. She could use it to come out of her shell, out grow him and move on to bigger and better things. Only she can't, because the whole idea of a D/s relationship to me is that the people involved entwine to grow together. That is the whole point of being an us instead of an I. I don't want to write something that is just another dysfunctional kinky relationship. There are too many people already writing about that.

So for me, for now, this one just ends like that. She goes back to whoring herself out looking for someone's hand to hold and he goes back to fucking women he can pay because love is too much effort for him.

I guess that kicks happily every after in the ass.

I think I have an attitude today.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 12:59 pm




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?