Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The wedding is progressing along nicely. There really isn't all that much to say about it right now. My sister and I chose a theme and for those of you that thought the wedding WAS the theme, you were wrong, but don't worry, I was wrong too. Apparently everything has to match, like having teddy bears or cupids or friends of ours had pigs. I just never saw it as a theme, I guess. Ours is going to be fairies and dragons. Thank god feminine clothes are in right now. The bridesmaids will be wearing dresses of layered soft chiffon in dusty pink and ballet type slippers on their feet. I am not making them wear wings, but there will be flowers in their hair. The effect will be there.

My dress is white and still being made and that is all I can say until after the event. I don't want Mac to even have a clue. He is not to know anything else about it until He sees me walking down the aisle. I like that it will be a surprise.

I have been getting my hair done in a different style each time I go to the hairdressers. I have a feeling that I will end up just wearing it out. Mac likes it that way best and after all the playing around with it that I have had done, I think I do too. I don't want to end up looking like someone else. It wouldn't be right. I am a little afraid of going overboard and ending up hating it.

I haven't decided on the flowers yet. I think roses, perhaps. And I am thinking of coming back to the house for photographs. I love our garden and the orchard and I think I would like the photos to be of somewhere that our children will recognise.

The reception hall is booked, though the menu and seating arrangements still have to be organised. There is a dance floor and there will be a DJ but I have been unable to pick a wedding song. I know that I have a while yet, but Mac and I have never had 'a song' and I think at this late stage we are not about to acquire one, so tips and suggestions would be appreciated. Mac and I both adore U2 so if Bono is reading this, we would really appreciate it if you could perhaps come up with something for us. Nothing too heavy, about the same level as With or Without You, perhaps about love and trust and respect and forever. Yeah, something like that. If anyone reading this knows Bono, please pass the message on, ok? I would be forever grateful. The wedding is not until October so no rush.

I think that is all for the wedding for now. I will let you know if anything else comes up. Think about songs, though, because I am really stuck. I need all the help I can get.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 8:29 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?