Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Yesterday, I was talking to my sister on the phone and she was telling me all about this show she watched on television where this group of women were talking about being submissive to their husbands. It had annoyed her no end.

"Don't those women know you are only supposed to let him think he is the boss? We all know who really is in charge. They had it all wrong, Sarah. We rule the roost. Not the men!" She ranted at me.

I decided that it would be best if I didn't mutter a word. I just made the 'mmmhmmm' noises in all the right spots until she seemed satisfied that she had set the record straight for women worldwide.

"So," I said when she was finished, "want to come out to lunch with me today?"
"Hold on," she answered, "I just need to go ask my husband if it is ok."

All I could do was smile.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 8:43 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?