Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I had to attend a funeral today. A friend's father passed away, a massive stroke and while it was not as much of a surprise as it could have been as the man had gotten to gargantuan size, it was still unexpected. He had been active despite his size and I don't know, I guess, he seemed a little indestructible, a bit larger than life.

While it was more a celebration of all the good he had achieved rather than one of those drawn out tearful funerals, it managed to tear at my heart. Sometimes it feels like time is just flying past me. Our days are just passing in a blinding rush and I go to bed at night and try and list the things I have achieved and the more I try and cram into my day the less I seem to be getting done.

I feel like spending the rest of the day just being quiet, being me.

So that is just what I am going to do.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 1:43 pm




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?