Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Monday, August 08, 2005

Mac had a day off yesterday so we took a day to go and visit with His grandmother. She is a wonderful woman full of life and laughter, especially when she is with her grandson. Mac has an awful habit of telling her the rudest jokes He can think of and she laughs so hard she has to dab at her eyes with a tissue. And she spoils Mac something awful so He loves visiting her.

We were sitting around the table eating the yummiest cake and listening to Mac's jokes get raunchier when suddenly He told that old (but funny) joke "What is the difference between a submissive and a mosquito? A mosquito stops sucking when you slap it." I think I was lucky that my mouth was free from cake because I would have choked. As it was I just froze, completely froze and I think I went a rather pretty shade of pink. Mac went from grinning at me to looking at His grandmother in surprise. She was laughing so hard I thought she would break.

When she had finished cackling and had dabbed at her eyes, Mac asked her if she knew what a submissive was.

"Mac dear," she said in the most bemused way, "You may have new names for things, but nothing in this world that happens between a man and a woman was invented by YOUR generation." And she rolled her eyes and giggled a little more.

I think that is something we often forget. Sex like ours has been around a hell of a lot longer than we have and it will go on long after Mac and I are gone. We haven't invented anything new.

I just get to share it all with you.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 10:30 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?