Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Wednesday, October 12, 2005

This week is not exactly working out as I planned. I seem to have a hundred things to do and they all seem to need to be done at once. So writing has not been on the top of my 'to do' list. (Mac has been, but that's a whole different entry.)

I did want to say something about an article we read in The Sunday Times. Apparently the latest 'new man' thing is for him to be involved in the planning of the wedding. They had women who had given their experiences. There was one who said something about how she had asked her fiancee out of politeness that if he wanted to have some input, he could just say. 'I didn't think he would say YES!'

So this couple ended up fighting over things like the colour of the bridesmaid's dresses and what sort of decoration should be on the cake, not to mention what flowers should be used.

As I read it, all I could think is 'Why on earth would any woman want to marry a man who wanted any input at all into the colour of dresses?' That is just such a GIRL thing. Men should neither want nor be allowed to interfere. I mean, it's our day, I am quite happy sharing it with him, but the planning of any party is my area. He just shows up, eats the food and drinks the beer. His only responsibility should be moving anything heavy that needs to be shifted. Other than that, He is supposed to stay out of my way!

Mac's contribution to the wedding plans has been as limited as possible. We are both very happy with that. He didn't want to deal with any of the girlie things and I didn't want Him too. I had a hard enough time convincing Him that mooching down to Moss Bros the day before the wedding was not quite appropriate. I wanted His tux ready at least two weeks before. He still insists I over planned it and it would have been just fine if I had let Him do it His way. I still insist that making it all look perfect is what I am here for.

And the bridesmaid's will look gorgeous and the cake will be delicious and the flowers will make everyone go 'ahhh' and we didn't have to fight about any of it and I didn't have to worry about His masculinity. God. The last thing I want is to be marrying a man with female qualities.

Am I the only one that feels like this?

What are we doing to our men?

I only scratched the surface of what I wanted to say. I think I will have to come back to this.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 12:14 pm




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?