Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Friday, February 17, 2006

I don't really feel like saying an awful lot today. This week has tired me out. Mac got back yesterday from a country where riots are taking place against 'westerners' and we had a few tense moments until He was safely on a plane. I cringed quite a few times hearing the stories when He got home. Thank goodness He did not fully tell me what was happening while He was still there. I have a feeling He still is not telling me everything. I might not let Him out of my sight again.

The one thing that I really don't get is that no matter what your beliefs, religion, work ethic, country of origin, skin colour, sexuality, politics, or any other way you want to divide up the world, you do not win friends and influence people by violence and rioting, you do not make people sympathetic to your cause by blowing up things, you do not entice help by looting and destroying vehicles, you do not get respect for ransacking KFC's and banks, yet people often seem to take this course.

You cannot make people understand you when you use violence but it seems to be happening with alarming regularity in all parts of the world. It is something that we all just seem to be incapable of learning.

So now I think I will go sit beside my husband while He works and just spend some time being with Him.

I am awfully relieved that He is home.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 8:40 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?