Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mac came home late yesterday and I was in the kitchen serving up corned beef and vegetables (one of His favourite dishes) as He walked into the kitchen to say hello. I smiled at Him and then stopped. He looked so sad... lost... tired. I already knew that He would eat then head off to His study to answer another email or make another phone call. It has been this way every day since we got back from our trip. Neither of us can tell how long it will last. He hasn't had a day off, or even an hour off. He is stretched and stressed. It is taking a toll on us both.

I put down the spoon I was using to serve up the vegetables and I turned to Him and I kissed Him. It wasn't a huge kiss or even a sexual kiss. It was just a simple little kiss. I felt Mac relax in my arms.

"Thank you." He said quietly. "I needed that. I really, really did."
"I know." I said and kissed Him again.

We stood there just holding each other for a while. Then we sat down together and ate. When we were finished Mac sighed and kissed me on top of my head. I could see how hard it was for Him to pull away.

He went upstairs to work.

Sometimes He needs me too.

There is nothing wrong with that.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 7:00 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?