Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mac had one of those rare nights where He wasn't working so He followed me around the kitchen while I served dinner and then helped me clear up after we had eaten. He helped me stack the dishwasher and He wiped down the table while I put away the condiments and generally tidied up. We had chatted with each other through dinner and then had slipped into companionable silence while we cleaned up. It was very comfortable.

Mac slipped His arm around my waist as I switched out the kitchen light and we headed into the sitting room to watch a little television. I thanked Him for helping me because there had been little to do, but it as nice doing that little with Him. He smiled at me.

"That's ok." He said. "I like doing things with you."

It took a moment for the full impact of that statement to sink in. We hadn't been doing anything exciting or anything sexy or fun, it wasn't even very different to what happens most nights in most households, but He liked doing it with me. After almost four years of being together, we still get enjoyment just out of being in the same room at the same time.

We sat on the couch together and I kissed Mac and hugged Him tightly.

"What was that for?" Mac said.
"Because I like doing things with You." I said.

Our baby is due in six and a half weeks.

I can hardly wait to do that together too.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 10:51 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?