Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Monday, July 26, 2010

It is funny how two people can be a part of the same conversation and hear two completely different things.

I read an article a few years ago that I recall at times like that. It says that we are all the own little gods of our thoughts and that no one hears us exactly the way we mean them too. The things we say and the things we hear are all filtered through our life experiences, our own values and our own beliefs.

So we have that filter and I do believe it exists, even between two people who have been together for years. Then we added the filter of a phone instead of being face to face, and we put a time limit on it. He had to go, people were waiting on Him. And of course, our conversation came out completely different to both of us. It took us a few days of stilted conversation to finally work out where we went wrong. He still feels I misunderstood. I still feel he explained it badly. But in the end, we managed to make the other understand what was meant instead of what was said. Deep and meaningful conversation should not be done on the phone.

Yesterday, I was sitting across Mac's lap, my head resting on His shoulder. He whispered to me that my hair was tickling His neck and I turned just a little and to smile at Him and His lips were just there. We kissed, slow, deep, easy. His hand slipped onto my back, under my top and rested there. I was overwhelmed with a sense of safety, of protection. I had been carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and in that kiss, with His hand warm on my back, that weight fell away for a little while. Nothing mattered except being there with Him.

Things happen. Nothing is perfect and sometimes, it feels like everything is going wrong at the same time. Yet one kiss, one deep, beautiful kiss can wipe out everything and bring us back to where we belong, even if it is just for a little while.

I think sometimes we underestimate the peace feeling safe can bring.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 8:50 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?