Kneeling before Him...

Archives




Copyright

Creative Commons License


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I found that misunderstandings kept happening between Mac and I. Not big deals, just little things that left us both feeling a little titchy with each other. As the titchiness set in the misunderstandings kept coming which meant the titch took up permanant residence and I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all. I hated feeling that grating edge between us.

So I decided to go back to the basics. Instead of just saying 'I love you' which still is a lovely thing to say, I started saying why I loved Him, what things about Him I loved. 'I love the way You smile.' 'You have the most gorgeous eyes.' 'I love being with You.' 'I love the way you smell.' Just little things. Not big deals. And I didn't make a big deal out of them. I said them with a kiss as He was leaving in the morning, with a smile as we sat down to dinner, with a caress on the cheek as I was walking past. And instead of saying 'You are late' when He didn't make it home on time, I said things like 'I like it when You come home.'

The difference it has made has been huge. There are less misunderstandings and instead of being titchy, we are very comfortable together. We can tease without anyone taking it seriously. We can question misunderstandings without anyone being on edge. And I don't think Mac realises this, but we are spending more time together, talking, touching, and kissing while we are watching TV. He touches me more often while I am cooking. We hold hands more. He looks at me with that look that is full of love. He smiles more often, especially at me.

I think it is easy to fall into a spiral of bad habits.

And sometimes it is just takes something simple to get us back out.


Posted by Sarah McBroden at 9:46 am




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?